Hiramasa Kama (Yellowtail Collar) 1.6kg ヒラマサカマ
Hiramasa Kama? Eh? Yeap, you're reading that correctly. Not Hamachi, neither is it Kanpachi & definitely not Buri.
From the moment I took my first bite off its firm yet juicy meat, I strongly believe Hiramasa deserves a name for itself.
Like its counterparts, Hamachi & Kanpachi, Hiramasa comes from the Japanese Amberjack (yellowtail) family. With characteristic similarities like the profound shape of their collars, it is no wonder why it's hard to disambiguate between them.
Interestingly enough, I found the taste of Hiramasa to be delightful. Its firm flesh, coupled with a tinge of sweetness & clean flavour, convinced me to import some of these over for you guys to try. Why not give it a shot!
- Approximately 1.6kg, 6-10pcs per pack
- Grill till skin turns golden brown for a crisp texture & taste
- Slightly smaller than Hamachi Kama but taste equally as good, if not even better!
- Keep it in an airtight container & store it in the freezer
- Thaw the Hiramasa Kama for a few minutes to break each collar apart and store the unused portion back in the freezer
- Once defrosted, please store it in the refrigerator and consume within a span of 2 days