Hotate (L Sized) from Hokkaido (Sashimi-Grade Scallops) ほたて
'扇贝'. In other words, 'to raise a sail'.
Like how a sailboat is pushed by the wind, the Scallop uses its palatial shell to heave its way across the Hokkaido seabed, soaking up the numerous micro & macro nutrients along the way.
health benefits include a reduced blood cholesterol, blood pressure, and the aid of development to your eyes & brain (taurine).
- Comes in a pack weighing approximately 1kg
- Large-sized scallops (finest & most premium)
- Roughly 20-40 scallops per pack
- Thaw, slice, then serve as Sashimi or Nigiri Sushi
- Other ways include pan-frying, lightly searing and as a Steamboat ingredient.
- Brands of Hotate may vary due to purchases from different suppliers in Japan. However, all still come from Hokkaido with the same specifications.
- Store in the freezer & consume within 5 months
- Once thawed, consume immediately as Sashimi or Nigiri Sushi
- If not, keep in the refrigerator & consume within 2 days if you wish to cook it.
- Do not refreeze once thawed.